Types of massages
Which massage is right for me?
First of all, it is important to know what your goal is and whether you have any complaints. Below the 3 categories are divided by type of massage.
Een ontspanningsmassage kan in principe altijd gekozen worden.
During the massage I focus on the complaint area and apply more pressure.
If you suffer from specific pain (eg hamstring, calf, lower back, shoulders and / or neck) and the complaints are severe, I advise you to choose the therapeutic approach. A combination of different techniques such as massage, connective tissue, deep tissue, cupping and trigger point can already provide relief after 1 treatment.
Note: you often need several sessions to get rid of the complaints. Do not expect too much from your body after a first treatment, recovery takes longer, depending on a number of stress factors such as:
- amount of stress
- duration of stress
– soort stress (financieel, werk, relatie, burnout)Stuur mij gerust een berichtje als je meer informatie wil over een behandeltraject of maak gelijk een afspraak.
With a relaxation massage, body and mind relax. The massage is primarily mild and calm, intended for those who want to relax their muscles and body in a friendly way.
A relaxation massage is also for yourself: a moment of awareness.
During the massage you will be completely covered with towels. The room is pleasantly heated in the winter and there is relaxing background music with dimmed light.
- For 55 min only the entire back is massaged: shoulders, back and legs.
- For 75/90 min the front is also included: full body massage.
Hamam wellness treatment
The hamam treatment can only be booked on weekend days.
Hamam is derived from the Arabic word hammam and literally means "spreader of heat".
- We start with pampering the feet with a warm foot bath.
- After this, the body is completely scrubbed with a special scrub glove and Dead Sea scrub salt. Dead skin cells are removed and blood circulation is stimulated.
- Then the body is lathered with 100% natural olive soap and treated further with a sponge. The body is also massaged with the released foam using a soap bag, for which the hamam treatment is known.
- Then you can opt for a warm oil massage or body wrap.
- At the end you get a nice cup of fresh mint tea. You will also get the soap sponge and the scrub glove to take home.
The hamam wellness lasts 100 min, of which 50 min the hamam treatment and 50 min the massage or body wrap.
The hamam treatment can also be booked separately.
Thai coconut compress massage
1. The feet are pampered with a Thai foot bath. Cleansing of the feet takes place and it is also a moment to ground and prepare for this great massage.
2. Your whole body is scrubbed with an exfoliating ompress; because the dead skin cells are removed, the skin can absorb the coconut more easily. Scrubbing gives the skin a radiant effect.
3. You will be massaged with two pure coconut stamps, which releases a wonderful aroma of coconut; this promotes further relaxation and you imagine yourself in the tropics for a while. The coconut stamps release oil so that the massage feels very pleasant.
4. After having scrubbed and massaged each body part with the coconut compress, a "normal" massage is also done. Then we start with step 2 again.
- Strengthens the tension of the skin;
- Stabilizes the connective tissue;
- Anti cellulite (only with regular massage);
- Rich in antioxidants;
- Delays aging symptoms;
- Combats very dry, sensitive skin.
- For 70 min the entire back is scrubbed and massaged: shoulders, back and legs.
- For 90 min the front will also be massaged: neck, décolleté, arms and will be concluded with the feet or a head massage.
balinese wellness treatment
The Balinese wellness treatment is originally from Java. This relaxing and detoxifying treatment is a feast for the nose and body and consists of an authentic lulur scrub and a full body massage with warm oil.
First we start with a wonderfully scented, homemade body scrub (front and back), the scrub is applied with a massage and removed with hot compresses. The whole is concluded with a full body massage with warm oil.
Lulur is a combination of a scrub and a pack and has turmeric as the main ingredient.
Often it also contains cardamom and ginger. Lulur can differ from masseur to masseur. Miracle Massages always works with natural and fresh ingredients.
The Balinese wellness treatment takes 110 min.
Wear or bring dark or old clothes. The Lulur scrub contains turmeric, which gives off and is difficult to get out of clothing.
Also take 2 large (preferably dark) towels with you.
When most people think of massage, they think of deep pressure pushing into muscles to relieve tension. Cupping massage is the exact opposite; it uses negative pressure, instead of tissue compression (think: pull, not push). Suction cup therapy is a traditional, time-honored treatment that is still used by millions of people worldwide because it is safe, comfortable and remarkably effective for many health conditions.
The pulling action engages the parasympathetic nervous system, causing a deeper relaxation to move through the entire body. Clients often notice how relaxed, free and open their body feels after a session. In most cases, the results last for days instead of just a few hours.
One cupping massage has the impact of three connective tissue massages!
With the influence and growing popularity of traditional Chinese medicine, Ayurveda and other holistic healing methods, "Cupping Therapy" is back in the Western holistic community as a subtle, yet remarkable and highly effective healing therapy.
Many cultures have practiced cupping, including various indigenous tribes in Africa and Asia. The Egyptians used cupping as early as 1550 BC. and have even written about it in one of the oldest medical manuals that man knows, Ebers Papyrus. This manuscript described the systemic use of cups for conditions such as fever, pain, dizziness and menstrual imbalances.
The benefits of cupping massage are numerous! Cupping helps remove cellular waste from tissues. The waste can stagnate in our blood and our bodies are flooded daily with so many chemicals that it is now more difficult for our bodies to excrete them through the liver and the circulatory system. This stagnation will lead to the pain and discomfort we feel as we age.
When the blood and qi circulate properly, they remove this buildup. By pulling the stagnation out of the tissues and bringing it to the skin's surface, the pores expand, allowing some of these wastes and toxins to be removed, leaving the rest more accessible to the body's circulatory and lymphatic systems to flush out.
By creating negative pressure above the surface of the tissues, the decrease in atmospheric pressure causes the underlying tissues to be lifted up - thereby increasing the space for the underlying layers. This is a much better body treatment because more can be achieved in one cupping session than several sessions of tissue compression.
Sucking the cups quickly facilitates the stiff release of soft tissue by pulling it up and away from underlying layers, thereby loosening adhesion or restriction areas. It also provides localized tissue expansion, producing an in-depth vasodilation reaction by drawing blood flow to areas with ischemic pain, increasing skin temperature, promoting metabolism in skin tissue for better sweat and sebaceous gland functioning, draining stagnant blood, toxins and lymph and the re-delivery of vital nutrients.
Cupping massage affects every organ and organ system of the body. Everyone should try cupping massage at least once in their life to get a better understanding of what it is and experience its effects.
Are you pregnant?
Then a massage can be a nice addition. A pregnancy can be a great time for a woman, but every system of the body is affected. The process puts pressure on joints, ligaments and organs, causing discomfort and pain.
A pregnancy can also be a stressful time for the mother for many reasons. A massage will help to lower stress levels. A regular massage during pregnancy can make the mother more aware of her own body, which helps to relax outside the treatment.
Read below the experiences of other pregnant women that had a prenatal massage at Miracle Massages.
Prenatal massage does not only benefit the mother, but also the unborn baby. It can support the mother emotionally and physiologically in a time of major changes in the body. Prenatal massage can also help the mother prepare her body for birth.
It's very relaxing and helps relieve side effects such as back pain and swelling.
There are many benefits to a prental massage, it stimulates blood circulation and helps the distribution of essential nutrients and fluids to all major organs of the body, including the placenta.
Prenatal massage will reduce the muscle tension of the upper back, shoulders, lower back and hips. It helps with the development of varicose veins and with slow bowel movements. Prental massage also stimulates the release of oxytocin, this is a pain-reducing hormone that provides vital pain relief during birth and birth.
The purpose of prenatal massage is to induce a state of deep relaxation and to improve the mother's sleep.
Prenatal massage is a slow, gentle and soothing massage for the different stages of pregnancy after the first trimester. During this massage you will lie on your side, with a pregnancy pillow, blankets and towels to support and warm your body and belly. You will be massaged with warm oil.
First we start with a foot bath to ground, we will discuss which complaints you experience and what the focus will be on during the massage.
I pay particular attention to the back, arms, hips and legs. Optional: in consultation with you I also massage the abdomen very gently. You can choose to be massaged half-seated.
Please let me know when something does / doesn't feel pleasant during the massage. Don't be afraid to come across as nagging, you're on my table to relax!
Do not expect deep tissue (firm pressure) on your legs during a prenatal massage. While gentle pressure is safe and can feel like heaven, pregnant women are particularly prone to blood clots, which can be caused by applying deep tissue, which can be risky.
On the back and around the pelvis, the pressure can be firm and as deep or as soft as you'd like. Always communicate with me about what feels good - and whether something feels painful.
I don't massage the ankles and heel. Many therapists believe these are pressure points that can cause contractions. Although this hasn't been proven, I'm not taking any risks.
Prenatal massage is safe because it is slow and gentle and the future mum is treated with the greatest care. However, as supplementary therapy, it is not an alternative to normal maternity care.
Before we switch to the massage, a short intake will take place. I will only massage when I feel it is safe to do this.
herbal compress massage
The massage is a stamping and slow pressure; which promotes relaxation and ensures that the herbs are extra well absorbed into the skin.
According to Thai medicine science, aches and strains that cannot be removed with a pressure point massage or other massages are better treated with a warm herbal compress.
Thai Herbal massage ensures that your mind and body gets into deep relaxation. This also provides relief from muscle pain and tension.
Thai Herbal massage offers several potential health benefits: it provides deep relaxation, promotes emotional and physical well-being, promotes body alignment and posture integrity, improves blood and lymph circulation and stimulates internal organs.
The hot compresses are ideal for relieving pain, stiff, sore or strained muscles and ligaments, chronic back pain, arthritis, even skin conditions, migraines and chronic stress or anxiety. The blend of traditional Thai herbs used in these compresses has a relaxing and invigorating effect on the body and mind, soothes sore and overworked muscles and gives the body's energy reserves a huge boost.
The herbs in the compress have anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, astringent and antioxidant properties. They are used to treat sprains, bruises and sore muscles, cleanse and heal the skin by promoting cell growth, and help upper respiratory diseases such as bronchitis, asthma and colds.
- rheumatism, fibromyalgia, all forms of muscle complaints;
- gout, spit;
- muscular dystrophy;
- firming the blood vessels;
- helps with diuretic, edema.
- Camphor: provides a deeper effect and pushes the herbal powers to a deeper layer. Camphor is frequently used for various rheumatic diseases and muscle pains;
- Tamarind: has a healing effect and is a light laxative;
- Lemongrass: has a tingling and disinfectant effect. It is a component in anti-rheumatic massage products;
- Kaffir lime: Indonesian lemon tree, has a strong aromatic effect and aids digestion;
- Turmeric: has an anti-inflammatory effect. Can be used successfully with gastrointestinal complaints and complaints of the bile and liver;
- Ginger: used to treat skin irritations both externally and internally. It has a very warming effect and can enhance the immunity response to infection. Ginger also promotes perspiration;
- Accacia & Concina wild: skin improver, anti-inflammatory;
- Pandan leaf: especially for adding scent;
- Patchoulli: improves the blood circulation, fungicidal effect, anti-inflammatory, strengthens the vein wall and works on the chakras.
- are under psychiatric treatment;
- have or had a psychotic disorder;
- suffer from epilepsy;
- suffer from thrombosis;
- are pregnant;
- have recently had surgery (scars);
- have high blood pressure;
- have diabetes;
- have a heart rhythm disorder;
- have cancer / undergo chemotherapy;
- have open wounds.
- For 70 min the entire back is massaged: head, shoulders, back and legs.
- For 90 min the front will also be massaged: neck, décolleté, arms and will be concluded with the feet or a head massage.
"It's in your head ..." Does this sentence sound familiar? There is a good chance that you are among the 20% of Dutch people who has a headache at least one day a week.
Unfortunately, not everyone in your area understands this, so too many headache patients think that headache is part of life and that the doctor can do nothing. That is not true. Always go to the doctor with a headache or migraine.
A number of types of headache are discussed in detail below. If you recognize some symptoms and do not yet have a diagnosis, go to your doctor. And also consider taking a headache massage; it relieves the symptoms and can sometimes eliminate them completely.
The head is first brought into a state of relaxation with a massage, then pressure points are exerted on the head, in the face and in the neck / neck. The massage lasts approximately 25 minutes.
- Hormonal headache
- Chronic headache
- Cluster headache
- Tension headache
- Facial headache
No less than 3.1 million people have migraine in the Netherlands. Migraine is a chronic brain disease and not just a headache. Fortunately, usually something can be done about it.
Unfortunately, little is known about the exact cause of migraines. We do know that a migraine attack is triggered by a dysregulation of the nervous system. A short circuit occurs in the brain, as a result of which blood vessels in the head first narrow and then expand strongly. During the narrowing there is sometimes an aura (read below). The vasodilation causes headaches.
Characteristics of migraine
• Comes in attacks
• Attacks have clear beginning and end
• Pain is usually on 1 side of the head
• Thumping or throbbing pain
• Nausea / vomiting
• Hypersensitivity to light and sound
• Every effort is impossible
• Duration varies from 4-72 hours per (untreated) attack
If you do not meet 1 of these characteristics, chances are that you do not have a migraine, but have a different form of headache.
In addition, 15% of migraine patients suffer from an aura. An aura causes:
• Field of vision loss
• Tingling on 1 side of the body
• Loss of power
• See flashes of light, spots or asterisks
• Speech disorders
• Duration 10-60 minutes
With some of the migraine patients, the migraine attack is announced well in advance; also known as the "warning phase". It is important to recognize these signs so that you can take timely action. The signs differ per person, but are often the same for each attack and start the headache a few hours to sometimes a few days before.
Signs of migraine attack:
A few hours / days in advance
• Retain moisture / pee little
• Running nose
• Excessive production of saliva
• Changes in mood
• Vomiting / diarrhea
Two to three hours in advance
• Hypersensitivity of stimuli (noise, light, smells)
• Feeling hungry / disturbed stomach
• Need to rest
• Feeling excessively fit
• Change in eyes (red eyes, blurred vision)
• Change in the heartbeat
• Feeling pale and weak
• Hypersensitivity of the senses (smell, taste, hearing)
What is hormonal headache?
Hormonal headache is a headache that occurs before or during menstruation. The nature and severity of the headache can vary periodically.
What is hormonal migraine?
For hormonal migraine, the attack occurs 2 days before or 2 days after the first day of menstruation. The migraine can also increase in intensity during the transition.
The hormonal migraine is heavier than the normal migraine and difficult to treat.
More than 310,000 women in the Netherlands suffer from hormonal migraine. These women lose 1 month a year to headache.
First of all, you can try to limit the daily amount of caffeine (coffee / tea / cola / iced tea).
Caffeine is the only substance that has been scientifically proven to have a negative effect on headache. That's why many people have a migraine or headache on Saturdays. This is because they then sleep late and do not drink coffee / tea at their fixed time.
In addition, I recommend a massage in which the trigger points are massaged. Do you want to get rid of your headache quickly or do you feel the headache coming up? Get a massage.
Thai foot reflexology
Foot massage with reflexology as applied in Thailand is an old therapeutic treatment. Thai foot reflexology is a marriage between the ancient remedies of reflexology, Chinese Tuina, Japanese Shiatsu and Indian Ayurvedic yoga.
Working with the feet, lower leg and knees, this 2,000-year-old foot massage releases blocked energy within the body's many sensory lines (Thai-based meridians) to produce a deep and unique sense of balance, relaxation and well-being.
Thai foot reflex is effective in stimulating the functions of the internal organs. Without side effects, it is not toxic or harmful to health.
First of all, the feet are pampered with a Thai foot bath of 10-12 minutes. Cleaning of the feet takes place and it is also a time to ground and prepare for this great foot massage. During the massage you keep your clothes on, but make sure you wear comfortable pants that can be rolled up to the knees.
Thai foot reflex is a treatment of the lower legs and feet that physically stretches and massages to open Sen (energy). There are 10 major energy lines running through the entire body, from the top of the head to the soles of the feet, where they end up as pressure points. By stimulating the pressure points we are able to stimulate the mind and body to restore its own natural, healthy balance, keeping the whole body harmonized.
Thai foot reflex is a holistic healing technique that provides relaxation, balance in the various systems of the body and healthy blood circulation. It is known as a therapy to promote general good health and mental rest.
Proponents report relief from stress, back pain and other chronic pain, plantar fasciitis, allergies, high blood pressure, sleep disorders, fibromyalgia, gout, migraines, arthritis, diabetes, kidney and digestive problems. Reflexology helps the body to restore and maintain its general good health and natural balance.
Improved blood flow and nutrients tend to maintain or improve the healthy condition of the body parts, and many conditions are cured or reduced. The immune system is strengthened, healing accelerated, the body refreshed and the mind released from stress.
• improves circulation in feet and legs;
• improves lymph drainage;
• a boost for the immune system;
• reduces stiffness and improves flexibility;
• enhances physical healing;
• pressure relief;
• improves sleep;
• improves concentration and clarity of mind;
• gives a general feeling of peace, tranquility and well-being.
- a serious heart or health problems;
- a high fever;
- an infectious disease or ulcers;
- a broken foot or leg bones;
- a full stomach;
- a pregnancy;
- a period.
A hot stone massage is a type of massage therapy. It is used to relax tense muscles and damaged soft tissues throughout the body.
During the hot stone massage, heated smooth and flat stones are placed on specific parts of the body. The stones can be placed along the spine, on the abdomen, chest, face, feet, in the palms and between the toes.
The stones are usually made of basalt, a type of volcanic rock that retains heat and is heated in water temperature between 55 and 60 degrees.
lomi lomi massage
The lomi lomi is a massage form that has been given in Hawaii for centuries.
Lomi lomi is a rhythmic, flowing massage that is intended to remove blockages in the circulation of energy throughout the body. Just as in traditional Chinese medicine, energy blockages are believed to contribute to physical, emotional and mental health problems.
What is different with the lomi lomi massage is that the lower arms are often used. In addition, I pay extra attention to the gluteal muscles.